Tai Chi for Health, Healing & Stress Relief
New students welcome!
Beginners track offered every Sunday
11:30-17:30 with 90-minute lunch
- 13 August 2017
- 8 October 2017
- 3 December 2017
11 February, 15 April, 17 June,
12 August, 14 October & 2 December
Yang style tai chi is the most popular style of tai chi with its large frame postures, which link together to generate a fluid, flowing form. The traditional Yang style form that Paul teaches is rooted in nei gong, or internal power generation techniques, that have been practised by millions of people for hundreds of years for their wide ranging health and healing benefits in body, mind and energy.
What You Will Learn
Topics to be covered in various degrees of depth over the yearlong series include:
- Choreography and structure of the Yang style form..
- Bending-and-stretching nei gong techniques for opening and releasing the soft tissues (fascia, muscles, ligaments and tendons).
- Fundamental yin-yang energy flows.
- How to develop sung, or deep relaxation.
- Pulsing (Open-and-Closing) nei gong techniques.
Paul will cycle through movements of the Yang style tai chi form up to and including Tai Chi Cloud Hands with a focus on a particular section of the form in each Sunday course. In this way, you will learn, review, deepen and refine the form over time, with new students being able to join the cycle at any time. The primary aim of every class is to teach the highly effective internal (nei gong) content within this traditional Yang style form to maximise health and healing benefits associated with regular and ongoing practice.
All Students Are Welcome
Paul adapts all techniques to the skill level and specific needs of the individuals present. He and his teaching assistants offer guided practices and personal feedback in every class.
- New students are welcome at any point in the programme as a beginners track will be offered to take you through the fundamentals and give you a practice you can train at home following.
- Existing students will learn nei gong content and energetic techniques commiserate with your level of skill and personal reasons for training.
A Certificate of Attendance to fulfill continuing professional develop (CPD) credit is available on request.
Qi Gong Training Is Recommended
Paul highly recommends all students attend Five Element Qi Gong courses on Saturdays, where the internal-energetic techniques that power the health and healing benefits associated with tai chi practice are taught. He suggests new students start with qi gong either alone or in tandem with tai chi training for this reason.
Paul Cavel has taught tai chi since 1995, and has been a senior tai chi student of Wu and Yang Style Lineage Holder Bruce Frantzis since 2004. He teaches Yang Cheng Fu’s form (a direct descendant of the Yang family) as he considers it the best balance between ease of learning and depth of internals.
Book Your Place
£65 per seminar
£130 per weekend – qi gong on Saturday + tai chi
£75 per seminar
£150 per weekend – qi gong on Saturday + tai chi
We accept cash at the door (no cheques), or please arrange payment at least two days ahead of courses by:
- Bank transfer – click on the link to download details
- Credit card or Paypal account using the button below (includes Paypal processing fee)
We encourage you to read our training policies.
Paul’s courses are hosted by Internal Engery Arts Limited.