Caring for Self & Others
Fridays, 11:30-17:00 (with 60-minute lunch)
Hands-on techniques and partner exercises
Saturdays, 11:30-17:30 (with 90-minute lunch)
Qi gong for personal care
- 7-8 April 2017
- 10 June 2017
- 11-12 August 2017
- 7 October 2017
- 1-2 December 2017
Recommended for internal arts teachers, bodyworkers, healers & therapists of all backgrounds.
Certificate of Attendance for continuing professional development (CPD) credit.
Caring for self and others are two streams from the same source. So in order to help heal others through hands-on techniques, you must first develop a fine control over your own body and general awareness about yourself. Qi gong sessions on Saturdays are obligatory for this reason, and because you must be able to release energies, including the load you take on from your clients in order to stay healthy and well in body and mind.
Click here for complete details about what you will learn on Saturdays >>
On Fridays, Paul will present various layers of soft tissue therapy using the “gentle persuasion” methodology, including but not limited to:
- Hands-on techniques – how to hold a body part softly, efficiently and effectively.
- How to feel into another person.
- Postural considerations for both you and the person on whom you are focusing to minimise output and maximise results.
- Soft tissue techniques to release tension, open up the body, increase blood and qi flow, and help facilitate healing.
- Developing compassion for self and others, and strengthening your healing intent.
- Theory – comparing and contrasting Eastern and Western approaches to offer your clients the best of both ancient and modern wisdom to heal and stay healthy.
All material will be adjusted to the needs and skill level of the group. This is not a certification course, but the hours can be applied to Continuing Professional Development, and a Certificate of Attendance will be presented at the end of the last class.
Please dress in layers, wearing clothing that can be comfortably adjusted for making skin-to-skin contact with the legs, feet, arms and mid torso. Please do not wear scents, lotions or other products that dull or inhibit the senses. Thank you!
Paul Cavel is an ITEC-certified soft tissue and injury therapist (Level 4) and has studied qi gong tui na and energy healing techniques with Taoist Lineage Holder Bruce Frantzis since 1995.
Book Your Place
We are still accepting students on this course!
Course fee – £695, includes:
- Therapeutic, hands-on techniques courses on three Fridays (13.5 hours)
- Five Element Qi Gong courses on six Saturdays (27 hours)
- 2017 School Membership (£120 value + additional training discounts)
Option 1: STT series, inc Membership & Qi Gong (first payment button below)
- £395 is due by 7 April 2017;
- £100 due 10 June, 11 August and 7 October 2017.
Option 2: STT series, inc Membership, Qi Gong & Nei Gong or Tai Chi
(second payment button below)
- £520 is due by 7 April 2017;
- £160 due 10 June, 11 August and 7 October 2017.
- Cash or cheque (payable to “Internal Energy Arts Limited”) at the door
- Bank transfer – please arrange payment by the Thursday before the next course
- Credit card or Paypal account using the button below (includes Paypal processing fee)
We encourage you to read our training policies.
Paul’s courses are hosted by Internal Engery Arts Limited.