Core Water Method Arts Training
New students welcome!
Recommended for all students, beginning & more advanced tracks of study are offered every Saturday, 11:30-17:30 with 90-minute lunch break:
- 12 August 2017
- 7 October 2017
- 2 December 2017
- 10 February 2018
- 14 April 2018
- 16 June 2018
- 11 August 2018
- 13 October 2018
- 1 December 2018
Five Element practices have been a bedrock of traditional Water method arts training for millennia, allowing you to connect to and draw upon vast stores of qi-energy from the environment and deep within yourself for health and vitality. Cultivating this deep connection to yourself and the environment not only generates harmony within your own being, but also your relationships with others and the natural world in which you live.
What You Will Learn
Paul will teach five multi-layered exercises–along with subsidiary qi practices–to explore in-depth how to contact and cultivate specific Elemental energies to create sustainable healing, vibrant health and well-being in body and mind:
- Standing & Sinking Energy – to improve posture, create the downward flow of energy to cleanse and clear the body and its qi, and prepare for the deeper Dissolving technique (taught on Sundays).
- Breathing – to release the nerves, massage the internal organs, and increase blood and qi circulation.
- Spinal Opening – techniques to gently open the spine, connect the limbs to the spine, improve nerve flow, and prepare for the complete Water Method Spine Stretch (taught on Sundays).
- Cloud Hands – an internal exercise for deeply engaging and integrating the physical body on the horizontal plane of motion.
- Tai Chi’s Opening Form – a single, repetitive internal exercise for deeply engaging and integrating the physical body on the vertical plane of motion.
Working with the horizontal and vertical planes of motion together (along with the specific internal components listed above), is what allows deeper access to your insides; that is what enables internal exercise therapy and power development. It also forms the basis for circularity and eventually spherical motion in the internal arts, which all dedicated students aim to achieve.
Paul will provide instruction on how to train each of the five exercises as stand-alone practices, or as a complete set to supercharge and strengthen your core energy and mind-body integration.
You are welcome to attend any one-off Saturday as each course will be complete unto itself. However, each course will build on the progression and culminate in a synergy that can only be embodied by attending the series.
Certificate of Attendance for continuing professional development (CPD) credit is available on request.
Deeper Nei Gong Training
For those who want an in-depth immersion in Five Element training, Paul will further and deepen the techniques presented on Sundays (all students welcome), choose your group:
Book Your Place
We accept cash at the door (no cheques), or please arrange payment at least two days ahead of courses by:
- Bank transfer – click on the link to download details (no fees)
- Credit card or Paypal account using the button below (includes Paypal processing fee)
We encourage you to read our training policies.
Paul’s courses are hosted by Internal Engery Arts Limited.