20-31 May 2018
Heaven & Earth Healing Qi Gong:
Unifying the Pulse
New students welcome;
5- or 11-day retreat option (you choose)
the Energies of Peng, Ji, Lu & An
New students welcome; 6-day retreat
Attend week 1, week 2 or both weeks:
Week 1: 20-24 May 2018
Heaven & Earth Qi Gong (Part 1) — All students welcome
This retreat is an in-depth exploration of the two-part Heaven & Earth movement and fundamental nei gong content as traditionally practised for 3,000 years in Chinese Water method schools.
Heaven & Earth Qigong stretches all the muscles, tendons, ligaments and fascia of the body. As layers of internal and energetic components are worked deeper into the body, the fluids (e.g. blood, lymph, interstitial and cerebrospinal) circulate more powerfully. With activation of the pulse (through opening-and-closing nei gong techniques), the nerves release and allow the body and mind to open, relax and let go.
Heaven & Earth is often referred to as “healing qi gong” because it is practised to:
- Release shoulder, neck and back pain.
- Improve balance and flexibility, which are implicated in alleviating arthritis, carpal tunnel and repetitive strain injury (RSI).
- Neutralise stress and release deeply stored tensions.
- Open up the vascular system and increasing blood flow to relieve tension around the heart.
- Improve digestion.
- Boost the sex drive and physical performance in general,
- Energise and revitalise the internal organ base.
What You Will Learn
To establish your foundation in this essential Wood Element qi gong, you will learn:
- Techniques to open and close your joints.
- Lengthening the yin-yang surfaces of your body, a subdivision of open-and-close.
- Supporting component practices — various physical-, energetic- and partner-based practices to embody these essential nei gong.
24 hours instruction
For those who attend week 2, you’ll choose whether to deepen nei gong embodiment in Heaven & Earth Qi Gong, or learn a tai chi form/deepen your Yang syle tai chi form.
Week 2: 26-31 May 2018
Choose your group:
Heaven & Earth Qi Gong: Unifying the Pulse (Part 2)
Attendance of Week 1 is required.
This retreat is designed to build upon and deepen both the form and content presented in week 1. From the perspective of open-and-close, we will delve into the smaller joints of the body, which both deepens and integrates the pulse on a more profound level.
Yang Style Tai Chi:
Developing the Energies of Peng, Ji, Lu & An
Week 1 attendance recommended, but not required.
The energies of peng, ji, lu and an are initially generated through the integration of open-and-close and lengthening techniques. In Heaven & Earth, you learn to develop pure yang and pure yin; in tai chi, you combine yang and yin to produce yang-with-yin, yang-with-yang, yin-with-yin and yin-with-yang. It is these specific combinations of yin and yang that produce the energies of peng, ji, lu and an.
- New students will learn the choreography and fundamental internal content of the First Section of the Long Form.
- Existing stylists will focus on developing the “Four Energies of Tai Chi”.
24 hours instruction
Let us know about any serious health issues, including recent injuries and medical conditions, so Paul and his teaching assistants can offer modifications as warranted. Please make it brief and to the point.
Training Venue: Immerse Yourself in the Natural Environment
On retreat, Paul teaches a range of energetic and Five Element exercises not available in seminars as a serene and natural environment is necessary to tap into the depths and subtlety of traditional Water method arts training.
La Posada Romana, home to our nature retreats, is set amongst seven acres of Andalucían parkland with mature trees and Mediterranean Sea and mountain views to the south.
Accommodation: Onsite & Offsite
Paul highly recommends staying onsite for the full retreat experience.
- Choose your onsite room at La Posada Romana >>
Rooms range from basic to luxury, £21+ per night
- See offsite options for staying in the village >>
- Map of Gaucin >>
- More about the retreat venue, and travelling to and staying with us in Gaucín >>
Malaga Airport (AGP) Rideshare
We facilitate bookings for rideshare via EcoTaxi to keep Malaga Airport transfer costs to a minimum. We cannot take a booking without complete flight details: airline, flight number, port of departure and arrival time. Rideshare taxis depart:
- From AGP – Saturday, 19 May 2018 at 16:30 and Friday, 25 May 2018 at 16:30. Flights MUST arrive no later than 15:30.
- To AGP – Friday, 1 June 2018 at 08:00. Please do not book flights before 12:30.
If you prefer to book your own taxi/rideshare via EcoTaxi, you can do so in English at http://ecotaxitransfersmalaga.com/en/home.php. Onsite guests: Please take into consideration the check-in/check-out schedule and make arrangements accordingly. We cannot permit early arrival or late departure.
Malaga Airport (AGP) – recommended
- Airlines that fly to AGP
- Malaga Airport info
- Car hire – Scroll down to see the listing of car hire options. Select a company under the list of “Firms in Terminal Buildings” for the most convenient options
- Bus – you can take the bus to Estepona and taxi up the mountain from there
- Train – We do not advise taking the train between Ronda and Gaucin as “Estacion de Gaucin” is 15 minutes away by car (no taxi queues, so you must arrange a taxi ahead)!
Gibraltar Airport (GIB) – not recommend unless you speak some Spanish. Taxi service to Gaucin is limited and runs ~150 € per journey. Taxi La Linea – +34 956 17 48 00/+34 956 17 47 10 and firstname.lastname@example.org
Week 1 Arrivals – Please arrive on Saturday, 19 May 2018 – the AGP rideshare taxis will depart at 16:30. For those staying onsite, check-in at the finca starts at 18:00.
A meet and greet, continental breakfast, registration and the first class start on Sunday, 20 May 2018 at 10:15. The village shuttle pickup will be at 09:55 at Cafeteria La Cruz, across the street from La Tienda Verde. Download a map (see item 4).
Week 2 Arrivals – Please arrive on Friday afternoon, 25 May or Saturday morning, 26 May – the AGP rideshare taxis will depart on Friday, 25 May at 16:30. For those staying onsite, check-in at the finca starts at 18:00.
Registration is on Saturday afternoon, 26 May 2018 (time TBA). The village shuttle pickup will be at Cafeteria La Cruz, across the street from La Tienda Verde. Download a map (see item 4).
Departures – The last classes are scheduled as follows, but please note that Paul may extend end times to ensure students are left in a good way and that all promised course hours have been met:
- Week 1 – Thursday, 24 May 2018 at 13:30
- Week 2 – Thursday, 31 May 2018 at 13:30
Check out at the finca (onsite students):
- Week 1 – Friday, 25 May 2018 by 10:00 – we cannot guarantee a rideshare option
- Week 2 – Friday, 1 June 2018 by 08:00 – AGP rideshare
The instructor group meeting is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, 26 May 2018, before the afternoon class.
Book Your Place
Non-refundable, non-transferable deposit reserves your place:
£300 for one week; £495 for two weeks. Full payment is due 20 April 2018.
Payments received after 20 April 2018 will incur a £45 late fee.
£495 – Week 1, 20-24 May 2018: Heaven & Earth Qi Gong–Part 1
£495 – Week 2, 26-31 May 2018: Yang Style Tai Chi
£945 – Weeks 1-2, 20-31 May 2018 (£45 discount)
£550 – Week 1, 20-24 May 2018: Heaven & Earth Qi Gong–Part 1
£550 – Week 2, 26-31 May 2018: Yang Style Tai Chi
£1050 – Weeks 1-2, 20-31 May 2018 (£50 discount)
- Bank transfer – download details (no fees)
- Credit card or Paypal account (4% processing fee), see button below
- Cash in person – must be pre-arranged, Euros sum can be provided based on the exchange rate
We encourage you to read our training policies before booking.
Paul’s courses are hosted by Internal Energy Arts Limited.