20-30 May 2018
Heaven & Earth Qi Gong:
Unifying the Pulse
New students welcome;
5- or 10-day retreat option
the Energies of Peng, Ji, Lu & An
New students welcome
Attend week 1, week 2 or both weeks:
Week 1: 20-24 May 2018
Heaven & Earth Qi Gong (Part 1) — All students welcome
This retreat is an in-depth exploration of the two-part Heaven & Earth movement and fundamental nei gong content as traditionally practised for 3,000 years in Chinese Water method schools.
To establish your foundation in this essential Wood Element qi gong, you will learn:
- Techniques to open and close your joints
- Yin-yang tissue stretches
- Supporting component practices
22 hours instruction
For those who attend week 2, you’ll choose whether to deepen nei gong embodiment in Heaven & Earth Qi Gong, or learn a tai chi form/deepen your Yang syle tai chi form.
Week 2: 26-30 May 2018
Choose your group:
Heaven & Earth Qi Gong: Unifying the Pulse (Part 2)
Attendance of Week 1 is required.
Yang Style Tai Chi:
Developing the Energies of Peng, Ji, Lu & An
Week 1 attendance recommended, but not required.
- New students will learn the choreography and fundamental internal content of the First Section of the Long Form.
- Existing stylists will focus on developing the “Four Energies of Tai Chi”.
22 hours instruction
Paul will write more in the coming months on the purpose of training the above, as well as how this material specifically links with the annual and longer-term curriculum.
Veteran Tai Chi Teacher Jackie Smith will assist Paul on retreat:
Learn more about Jackie and his courses in England & Scotland >>
Let us know about any serious health issues, including recent injuries and medical conditions, so Paul and his teaching assistants can offer modifications as warranted. Please make it brief and to the point.
Training Venue: Immerse Yourself in the Natural Environment
On retreat, Paul teaches a range of energetic and Five Element exercises not available in seminars as a serene and natural environment is necessary to tap into the depths and subtlety of traditional Water method arts training.
La Posada Romana, home to our nature retreats, is set amongst seven acres of Andalucían parkland with mature trees and Mediterranean Sea and mountain views to the south.
Accommodation: Onsite & Offsite
Paul highly recommends staying onsite for the full retreat experience.
- Choose your onsite room at La Posada Romana >>
Rooms range from basic to luxury, £21+ per night
- See offsite options for staying in the village >>
- Map of Gaucin >>
- More about the retreat venue, and travelling to and staying with us in Gaucín >>
Malaga Airport (AGP) Rideshare
We facilitate bookings for rideshare via EcoTaxi to keep Malaga Airport transfer costs to a minimum. Rideshare taxis depart:
- From AGP – Saturday, 19 May 2018 at 16:30 and Friday, 25 May 2018 at 16:30. Flights MUST arrive at least one-hour in advance of the scheduled departure time. Email us your flight info to be confirmed including: 1) airline 2) flight number 3) departure city and 4) arrival time.
- Heading to AGP – Friday, 25 May 2018 at 08:00 and Thursday, 31 May 2018 at 08:00. Please do not book flights before 12:30.
If you prefer to book your own taxi/rideshare via EcoTaxi, you can do so in English at http://ecotaxitransfersmalaga.com/en/home.php. Onsite guests: Please take into consideration the check-in/check-out schedule and make arrangements accordingly. We cannot permit early arrival or late departure.
Malaga Airport (AGP) – recommended
- Airlines that fly to AGP
- Malaga Airport info
- Car hire – Scroll down to see the listing of car hire options. Select a company under the list of “Firms in Terminal Buildings” for the most convenient options
- Bus – you can take the bus to Estepona and taxi up the mountain from there
- Train – We do not advise taking the train between Ronda and Gaucin as “Estacion de Gaucin” is 15 minutes away by car (no taxi queues, so you must arrange a taxi ahead)!
Gibraltar Airport (GIB) – not recommend unless you speak some Spanish. Taxi service to Gaucin is limited and runs ~150 € per journey. Taxi La Linea – +34 956 17 48 00/+34 956 17 47 10 and firstname.lastname@example.org
Week 1 Arrivals – Please arrive on Saturday, 19 May 2018 – the AGP rideshare taxis will depart at 16:30. For those staying onsite, check-in at the finca starts at 18:00.
A meet and greet, continental breakfast, registration and the first class start on Sunday, 20 May 2018 at 10:00. The village shuttle pickup will be at 09:45 at La Cruz Bar, across the street from La Tienda Verde. Download map
Week 2 Arrivals – Please arrive on Friday, 25 May 2018 – the AGP rideshare taxis will depart at 16:30. For those staying onsite, check-in at the finca starts at 18:00.
Registration is on Saturday, 26 May 2018 at 10:30. The village shuttle pickup will be at 10:00 at La Cruz Bar, across the street from La Tienda Verde. Download map
Departures – The last classes are scheduled as follows, but please note that Paul may extend end times to ensure students are left in a good way and that all promised course hours have been met:
- Week 1 – Thursday, 24 May 2018 at 13:00 (the instructor group will meet following)
- Week 2 – Wednesday, 30 May 2018 at 13:00
Check out at the finca (onsite students):
- Week 1 – Friday, 25 May 2018 by 08:00
- Week 2 – Thursday, 31 May 2018 by 08:00
Gaucin to AGP rideshare (all students):
- Week 1 – Friday, 25 May 2018 at 08:00
- Week 2 – Thursday, 31 May 2018 at 08:00
Book Your Place
Non-refundable, non-transferable deposit reserves your place:
£300 for one week; £475 for two weeks. Full payment is due 20 April 2018.
Payments received after 20 April 2018 will incur a £45 late fee.
£475 – Week 1, 20-24 May 2018: Heaven & Earth Qi Gong–Part 1
£475 – Week 2, 26-30 May 2018: Yang Style Tai Chi
£895 – Weeks 1-2, 20-30 May 2018: Heaven & Earth Qi Gong–Parts 1 & 2 (£55 discount)
£895 – Weeks 1-2, 20-30 May 2018: Heaven & Earth–Part 1 and Tai Chi (£55 discount)
Join “The Tai Chi Space” Membership for just £120 (or equilvalent Euros rate) >>
£530 – Week 1, 20-24 May 2018: Heaven & Earth Qi Gong–Part 1
£530 – Week 2, 26-30 May 2018: Yang Style Tai Chi
£995 – Weeks 1-2, 20-30 May 2018: Heaven & Earth Qi Gong–Parts 1 & 2 (£65 discount)
£995 – Weeks 1-2, 20-30 May 2018: Heaven & Earth and Tai Chi (£65 discount)
- Bank transfer – download details (no fees)
- Credit card or Paypal account – coming soon (4% is added to Paypal payments)
- Cash in person – must be pre-arranged, Euros sum can be provided based on daily rate
We highly encourage you to read our training policies page in its entirety before booking.
Paul’s courses are hosted by Internal Engery Arts Limited.