71640 Ludwigsburg (Oßweil)
Yang Style Tai Chi
New Students Welcome
- Friday, 16 June 2017
- Friday, 13 October 2017
Yang style tai chi is the most popular style of tai chi with its large frame postures, which link together to generate a fluid, flowing form. The traditional Yang style form that Paul teaches is rooted in nei gong, or internal power generation techniques, that have been practised by millions of people for hundreds of years for their wide ranging health and healing benefits in body, mind and energy.
What You Will Learn
Topics to be covered in various degrees of depth over the yearlong series include:
- Choreography and structure of the Yang style form.
- Bending-and-stretching nei gong techniques for opening and releasing the soft tissues (fascia, muscles, ligaments and tendons).
- Fundamental yin-yang energy flows.
- How to develop sung, or deep relaxation.
- Pulsing (Opening-and-Closing) nei gong techniques.
- Developing the Four Energies of Tai Chi — peng, ji, lu and an.
Paul will demonstrate specific health and martial applications for each of the postures while cycling through movements of the Yang style form up to and including Tai Chi Cloud Hands, focusing on a particular section of the form in each Monday course. In this way, you will learn, review, deepen and refine the form over time, with new students being able to join the cycle at any time. The primary aim of every class is to teach the highly effective internal (nei gong) content within this traditional Yang style form to maximise health and healing benefits associated with regular and ongoing practice.
Paul teaches Yang Cheng Fu’s form (a direct descendant of the Yang family) as he considers it the best balance between ease of learning and depth of internals.
5 Element Qi Gong
5 Element Qi Gong courses are offered on the weekends after Friday tai chi seminars. Learn more >>
If you would like to book a private lesson with Paul while he’s in Germany, he’s available in Bietigheim (with S Bahn service) on:
- Tuesday afternoon, 20 June 2017
- Wednesday afternoon, 21 June 2017
- Thursday afternoon, 12 October 2017
- Tuesday afternoon, 17 October 2017
Email us to inquire>>
Book Your Place
Friday & Monday courses take place at:
71640 Ludwigsburg (Oßweil)
Fridays, 11:00-17:30 with 90-minute lunch
Saturdays & Sundays, 11:00-17:30 with 90-minute lunch
Mondays, 11:00-17:00 with 90-minute lunch
110 € Tai Chi (Monday)
285 € Tai Chi (Friday) + Qi Gong (Weekend)
395 € Tai Chi (Friday) + Qi Gong (Weekend) + Nei Gong (Monday)
125 € Tai Chi (Friday)
320 € Tai Chi (Friday) + Qi Gong (Weekend)
445 € Tai Chi (Friday) + Qi Gong (Weekend) + Nei Gong (Monday)
Cash is accepted at the door. Please email Dr. Mettner to reserve your place.
Or, please pay ahead at least three (3) days in advance of the course via:
- Bank transfer – download account details here
- Credit card or Paypal account using a payment button below (includes Paypal processing fee)
Paul’s courses are hosted by Internal Engery Arts Limited. We encourage you to read our training policies.